Skip to content

Aeon Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. ArchivesSpace - Aeon Fulfillment Plugin - Ability for patrons to make more than one selection in ArchivesSpace

A library using the Aeon Fulfillment plugin in ArchivesSpace would like for checkboxes to appear at the requestable levels (e.g. file, Item) so that a patron may select more than one resource before using the plugin to log into the Aeon and submit the requests via Aeon. They are essentially looking for a "shopping cart" feature on the ArchivesSpace side.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new option called :top_container_mode has been added to the plugin configuration. Top container mode limits requesting to resource records and archival objects with top containers. The request button directs users to a new form in Aeon, ArchivalRequest.html, that will render the top containers as checkboxes. Each checked box will submit 1 request to Aeon. The requests will be submitted to Awaiting Request Processing.

The updated plugin also includes more granular options to control requesting based on restrictions. And an option to flag containers stored offsite.

More information is available in the documentation

2. Pull location data from ArchivesSpace into new Aeon requests made via the ArchivesSpace Aeon Fulfillment Plugin

The University of Southern California Libraries would like the ArchivesSpace Aeon Fulfillment Plugin to pull container location information from ArchivesSpace into new requests made via the plugin. The location "title" from ArchivesSpace (e.g., "Grand, 2, Bookstacks [Row: 103, Section: 1, Shelf: 1]") could export into the Aeon request's Location or SubLocation field. Ideally, if a user submits a request for an Archival Object that is linked to multiple containers, the fulfillment plugin would create a separate Aeon request for each container (with each container's corresponding location title from ArchivesSpace).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ArchivesSpace addon for Aeon client - ability to import location information

Would like the ability to import information from the Location record in ASpace, specifically from the Location title field, as part of the 'Import Instance' functionality. The info should write to the Aeon Location field in the transaction record.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ArchivesSpace - Aeon Fulfillment Plugin: Ability to import Conditions Governing Use note

I am submitting this on behalf of an Aeon library, and I also think the enhancement would be useful to other libraries. The library would like for the contents of the Conditions Governing Use note in ArchivesSpace to import into Aeon. Many libraries use this note in conjunction with the Conditions Governing Access note (which does currently import into Aeon).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Request Merging for ASpace PUI

Hi,

I don't know if this is an idea but I'd love to get feedback. We're testing requesting from the ArchivesSpace PUI. We're relying on the "request merge" feature for part of the process. The idea is that if a patron requests multiple items from the same box, these requests will automatically merge into one request. To the patron, the request has all of the titles concatenated in the itemtitile field, separated by pipes. But it looks a little long and confusing. We thought maybe an bulleted list would be clearer. But I don't know how other people use the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new option called :top_container_mode has been added to the plugin configuration. Top container mode limits requesting to resource records and archival objects with top containers. The request button directs users to a new form in Aeon, ArchivalRequest.html, that will render the top containers as checkboxes. Each checked box will submit 1 request to Aeon. The requests will be submitted to Awaiting Request Processing.

The updated plugin also includes more granular options to control requesting based on restrictions. And an option to flag containers stored offsite.

More information is available in the documentation.

6. Something has changed with the formatting of the date columns when I export to a spreadsheet

When I export to a spreadsheet, the date columns (transaction date & scheduled date) are not formatted as dates and can't be changed in excel! This always worked perfectly in the past and has just recently changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base