Skip to content

ILLiad Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

502 results found

1. Only display "Reason for Cancellation" in Request Details on the web if the item is currently in a cancelled status.

We regularly cancel items that get revived later once the patron has made a decision or change of some sort. When those items are revived, "Reason for Cancellation" continues to show in the Request Details on the web. It would be helpful if this field only displayed if the item was in the status of "Cancelled by ILL Staff" or "Cancelled by Customer", and otherwise was hidden.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Prevent borrowing renewal requests when the lending library will not accept them

As a lender, FSU does not accept renewals and this is indicated in our notes, in the Client when we mark a request as Shipped and in the Policies Directory. In WSILL, the Renew option disappears when a borrower has exhausted renewal requests. There is no equivalent in ILLiad and borrowers can continue to send renewal requests regardless of settings and indicated preferences. Borrowers should not be able to request renewals when lenders have indicated they will not be accepted. (via KAK)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCLC  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional section of the homepage for storing filled article requests

We have received a request from one of our most active researchers to add an additional section to the ILLiad homepage that users could route article requests to, rather than all filled requests being under Electronic Documents. This would help our users manage higher volumes of requests.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Google Scholar chromium version no longer authenticates using EZ Proxy URL

Former Scholar addon had a field where I put our custom Google Scholar URL that authenticates with EZ Proxy and shows which articles we have licensed access to. New version only searches "generic" Scholar which does not link to what we have access to (just paywalled stuff). When can you bring back this functionality? It's the only reason I used the addon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Addons  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add semicolon as option for separating multiple email addresses

When sending emails to multiple recipients, ILLiad functionality should be expanded to allow both commas and semicolons, as semicolons are the known character for the function with other email programs/ API.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to COPY and PASTE in User notes field

This will allow us to copy and paste notes when we are merging accounts or when we need to copy and paste notes to multiple accounts (within families, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User management  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set maximum date range for Resumbit Request link in ILLiad web

To allow proper tracking of current requests, this option should have some sort of maximum time restriction, where it couldn't be used after a specific amount of days.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increased Granularity in Web Circ Permissions by User

I would like to be able to restrict available actions in Web Circ by user. I would like to restrict our circ desk account from being able to do anything other than check out items. I think essentially I'd like the customization keys to be available on a by-user basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the custom search condition add or subtract buttons visible all the time, not just when hovered over

Please make the custom search condition add or subtract buttons visible all the time again, instead of only when you hover over them!

I use custom search a lot both when searching OCLC for harder to find items, and when pulling statistics or answering questions from admin, and this change with 9.2 to no longer make these buttons visible makes things surprisingly difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Staff client  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable "end request routing"

I was wondering about the DOCLINE caveat that states a request canceled due to "Cost Exceeds Limit" would "end request routing.”
    Is there some way to disable this? I have had to cancel requests that would've cost more than the patron was willing/able to pay, but I hate to think their search would end with us because of that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to utilize IFM via Billing Manager for Lost Book/other charges

Paying/Billing for lost or damaged items is complicated! It would be great if we could utilize the power of IFM to bill one another instead. Also, we would know that the money is going right back into ILL services!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eliminate the requirement for Microsoft Word.

Requiring Microsoft Word to print is problematic with Microsoft 365 because it requires users to authenticate and retains the connection to the user's account. Machines used with a generic account cannot have Microsoft 365 applications installed to protect users from each other. Thus these machines can't be used to print from ILLiad.

There is another proposal to add integration with Google, but that is also limiting. What happens when the next suite comes along?

Better, would be if ILLiad integrated the necessary components of LibreOffice (an open source alternative). Then ILLiad could print without any dependencies on third-party software. It…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would liek ot be able to truncate text in field for printing. Sometimes the title is long and pushes my book strap on to a second page.

I want to truncate the length of the title in some of my print templates so labels print consistently. I would also like to be able to change the color of the font based on the data in a merge field to call attention to a users NVTGC for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better tracking of OA/DSP/non-standard article delivery in Borrowing Web Reports

Turnaround time Borrowing Web Reports don't have the ability to capture requests filled through OA Addon/DSP. It's important for not just these to be able to be captured and included in statistics, but also for us to separate these and be able to identify these as opposed to other material that's uploaded and delivered. (written by KAK)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. question

Provide an internal to ILLiad customer question function. Instead of us having to use an email, etc., incorporate functionality into ILLiad for customers to contact us regarding the request and for us to answer and have it all recorded within the transaction.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a read-only/distributable form of dbc files or the SQL Alias Manager

With SQL Alias Manager 1.3.2 staff with local admin privileges on their desktop or VM’s are no longer able to successfully Set Default (Local Machine) without also requiring Full Control privileges on the folder where the DBC’s reside.

In a shared environment this is an issue because we wouldn't want everyone to have full read/write access to a shared folder where someone could potentially change a dbc file for every staff member. This wasn't an issue with SAM v1.2.2.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable exclusion of subdomain for integrated SAML - fix broken Logon as User functionality

Updating to the new integrated SAML prevents staff from utilizing the Logon as User button in the Client without redesigning the web directories.

The key that had been put in place to assist with circumventing proxy folder redirects - StaffProxyWebURL - will not work for integrated SAML sites when it its value is pointed to subdomains, the way it could with EZProxy.

Locally-hosted Shibboleth sites can set requireSession = false to support the Logon to User feature and LDAP and ILLiad Exclusive sites can use the feature without additional adjustments.

This means that sites who implement the integrated SAML are…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow editing in the Electronic Delivery window regardless of file type

For years I wondered why we could edit/crop some documents from the elec del window before delivering it to our patrons, and other documents we could not. An Atlas article explains that if the file is sent in PDF format, one cannot edit it in the viewer. Please enable the editing function regardless of file type as this is desired often - repeatedly on a daily basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Incoming Lending RapidR to reflect default Renewal setting in Customization Manager

Incoming Lending RapidR requests in ILLiad are set to be "No Renewal" by default. We wanted to change it since we now allow renewals, yet our Loan labels print as "No Renewal." A borrowing library pointed out that it is confusing when they process Receives.

I was told by OCLC and Rapid (Exlibris) that RapidR requests do not reflect the "LendingRestrictDefault" keys for Renewals, Photocopying, and Library Use Only in Customization Manager.

I wish Lending RapidR requests could reflect these default values the same as OCLC Loan requests in ILLiad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RAPID  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base